Discussion: New Hostess please!!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 25  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

paperdragon
New Hostess please!!!
Nov 24 2010, 5:17 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 5:17 PM EST
Please, please, please replace Brooke Burke as a Hostess. It was painful to listen to her interactions with the pros and stars. She would consistently ask the same questions, such as "how proud were you, how surprised were you?" leaving the stars and pros stranded to carry on a better dialog for the viewers, AFTER they had just exhausted themselves with their dance routine. 5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Nov 25 2010, 4:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 4:24 PM EST
Please, please, please be very careful what you ask for -- 'cause what you get might be a lot worse than what you've got !!
I agree completely that those "how surprised were you ?" questions were too teeny-bopper-ish for my enjoyment, BUT -- I'd rather see the lovely non-blonde Brooke with a bit of coaching than to have 'em replace her with a Miss South Carolina-type bimbette.
Tell ya what -- let's submit some questions for Brooke to ask the dancers -- mebbe we could help brighten up the show by having real DWTS Fans (that's us) contribute and at the same time feel a more direct relationship with the dancers.
1. For "The Situation" : Uh, you're originally from McMurpheesboro, Tennessee, right !???
2. For Brandi : You look like an Indian. Are you a Navajo or a Slapaho !???
3. For Jennifer: Damn !! You're absolutely amazing !!! I know that's not a question, but I just couldn't resist !!
OK, 'dragon, it's YOUR turn !! ;>)
8  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

jomiguel
2. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Mar 30 2011, 7:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 30 2011, 7:11 AM EDT
"Please, please, please replace Brooke Burke as a Hostess. It was painful to listen to her interactions with the pros and stars. She would consistently ask the same questions, such as "how proud were you, how surprised were you?" leaving the stars and pros stranded to carry on a better dialog for the viewers, AFTER they had just exhausted themselves with their dance routine."
Yes I agree they can find better hosts than Brooke. She's excellen at dancing but it doesn't mean she can host too. She seems to try to hard, some of her questions sound memorised and too rehearsed.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Heller1950
3. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 6 2011, 12:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
"Please, please, please replace Brooke Burke as a Hostess. It was painful to listen to her interactions with the pros and stars. She would consistently ask the same questions, such as "how proud were you, how surprised were you?" leaving the stars and pros stranded to carry on a better dialog for the viewers, AFTER they had just exhausted themselves with their dance routine."
With all the women out there... how in this wide world did the producers come up with Brook Burke... She's like Vanna White she couldnt even make "Hello" seem real... Poor Tom !!!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

jomiguel
4. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 6 2011, 6:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2011, 6:44 PM EDT
"let's submit some questions for Brooke to ask the dancers "
Why should we have to submit questions for Brooke? It's her job! I really agree with Heller1950, She's just not natural with the way she interacts with the dancers on TV. It makes us viewers cringe. There must be plenty of women in America who are more qualified. Nothing personal to Brooke, I think she's wonderful as a person but hosting is just not for her. Someone like Samantha(ex-host) was perfect for this job.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
5. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 7 2011, 11:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
I agree with ALL these posts! I have been a pretty vocal critic of Brooke from the very beginning. She just isn't good. At times she stands there with her left hand on her hip, with that smirky, plastic smile of hers and looking totally bored out of her mind. She couldn't adlib to save her life. Tom is just SO good and that makes her look even worse. Under 'home' on this website you can click on "DWTS Hosts". There is a brief 'resume' on each followed by "Quotes" from each host. Tom has more that 30, Brooke has, umm, none.
Of course, they could put "How does that feel?" for her quote!
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
6. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 8 2011, 5:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2011, 5:24 AM EDT
Time for a reality check ---
This thread has been up since November of Season 11 -- with only 5 responses , which is only about ONE response per month.
We're STILL stuck with the lovely but totally un-talented Brooke --- who it seems has trouble finding someone to dress her for her role as "Hostess".
The "questions" that she puts forth to the dancers seem rather bland and pointless --- such as her famous "How does that feel!??" -- Such a question should only be asked by a SHOE SALESMAN !!

Well, it did no good to tell our stories here --- there weren't enough of us, and it doesn't seem like there are enough of us now, either.
The reality is that Brooke is here for another season. BUT -- it COULD be a lot WORSE !!! At least we don't have any more Palins to suffer through, which is ample reason for us to count our blessings and move on.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
7. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 8 2011, 5:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2011, 5:57 AM EDT
Actually, we DON"T have to submit questions -- it was a SUGGESTION that I mistakenly thought would inspire a bit of humor from my fellow posters.

Unfortunately, the subject of Brooke as hostess doesn't sit well with the peeps here, and that circumstance is NOT going to change -- there seems to be no interest in trying to laugh our way out of our predicament.

Do you have any constructive suggestions, or do you think that criticizing other posters' comments will make Brooke go away !!???
Just wondering.

7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
8. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 9 2011, 12:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Did you know she actually had something else to talk about instead of "How does it feel" last week? When Maks fell, she asked him about that! The first time she's changed her format! Lol. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
9. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 9 2011, 1:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Yeah, I noticed -- Brooke didn't ask her usual "How does it feel?" -- BUT -- check the tape -- When they interviewed them after Max's leg gave out, Brooke asked the dumbest question of her miserable career when she stuck the mic in front of them and asked "What Happened !!???"

Now I don't care who you are, THAT is a DUIMB question !!

New hostess, please !!
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
10. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 11 2011, 6:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2011, 6:37 AM EDT
"Time for a reality check ---
This thread has been up since November of Season 11 -- with only 5 responses , which is only about ONE response per month.
We're STILL stuck with the lovely but totally un-talented Brooke --- who it seems has trouble finding someone to dress her for her role as "Hostess".
The "questions" that she puts forth to the dancers seem rather bland and pointless --- such as her famous "How does that feel!??" -- Such a question should only be asked by a SHOE SALESMAN !!

Well, it did no good to tell our stories here --- there weren't enough of us, and it doesn't seem like there are enough of us now, either.
The reality is that Brooke is here for another season. BUT -- it COULD be a lot WORSE !!! At least we don't have any more Palins to suffer through, which is ample reason for us to count our blessings and move on.
"
I did some looking back and found under Home in the "DWTS Hosts" a thread I started in May 2010 titled "Anybody but Brooke" that had 13 replies and another titled "I wish it was Melissa" from April 2010 with 1 reply. Those threads could and should get active again! Palwalker posted to "Anybody but Brooke" a few times nad some others, but admittedly it was mostly my gums that were flapping.

Just like our complaints on various subjects last year I doubt ABC pays much attention to our opinions. As long as the ratings are high nothin' is gonna change!

4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

pttimefan
11. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 12 2011, 10:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 12 2011, 10:07 AM EDT
I agree that Brooke is lame, but it could get worse!!! Think KATE GOSSELIN!!!!!!!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

jomiguel
12. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 13 2011, 7:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2011, 7:59 PM EDT
"Did you know she actually had something else to talk about instead of "How does it feel" last week? When Maks fell, she asked him about that! The first time she's changed her format! Lol."
You're right. Even this week, she's somewhat better.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
13. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 14 2011, 7:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2011, 7:05 AM EDT
I've been noticin' that there aren't as many peeps here at the DWTS site as there were last year -- and it's no wonder !!!

They leave the threads from previous seasons OPEN, and peeps are posting to threads that are no longer relevant -- and who in their right mind wants to have to look through all the previous season's postings to find out what's happening NOW !!???

We just saw a CURRENTLY ACTIVE thread get "locked", but the threads from prior seasons are STILL LEFT OPEN, and the show's continuity is completely lost by the lack of sequential posts on THIS YEAR'S roster of performers.

We can't expect anybody to value our input when it's scattered all over the site and spread out over several different seasons' threads !!!

No problem EVER gets solved by making the same mistakes over and over -- they need to SHUT DOWN the previous seasons' threads for posting -- leave them up as "Read Only" threads -- and focus on the NEW threads, the season's NEW contestants, and their NEW performances !!!

Just my opinion, of course -- your results may vary !! ;>)

3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

kafjr1313
14. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 18 2011, 9:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2011, 9:16 AM EDT
Soooooo! How does that make you feel????? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

kafjr1313
15. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 18 2011, 9:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
"Yeah, I noticed -- Brooke didn't ask her usual "How does it feel?" -- BUT -- check the tape -- When they interviewed them after Max's leg gave out, Brooke asked the dumbest question of her miserable career when she stuck the mic in front of them and asked "What Happened !!???"

Now I don't care who you are, THAT is a DUIMB question !!

New hostess, please !! "
Well at nleast Brook dident ask, "how did that make you feel Max??? lol
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
16. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 18 2011, 9:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2011, 9:48 AM EDT
I think most people agree that Brooke is pretty bad as Tom's co-host. If she doesn't start coming up with something different to ask the couples other than "how did that feel," or "how does that make you feel," I think I'm going to scream. Does anyone else remember, a few seasons ago, when Drew Lachey co-hosted with Tom for a few weeks? I thought he did pretty decent, certainly better than Brooke. Why does Tom's co-host have to be a woman? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
naninsuncity
naninsuncity
17. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 18 2011, 10:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
Wow! I thought I was the only one that found her boring! My Fiancee and I have remarked several times that she is a real snooze. They need someone with more PAZAZZ!! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
18. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 18 2011, 4:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
Actually, Tom's co-host doesn't HAVE TO be a woman -- it just makes more sense psychologically.
The sponsors are shooting for the broadest appeal, so they CAN'T have any:
Intelligent hostesses of any race or color.
Blonde airheads.
Liberal viewpoints and/or "appearance".
Why !!??? Because Tom needs a female sidekick to keep the male viewers watching the show !!!
I don't give a sniff if Brooke is 2 (two) I.Q. points away from drooling, all she has to do is stand there and look better than that crazed , woefully obese, professional malcontent that washes his underwear !!!

Women have known for thousands, nay millions, of years -- that the gal with the best boobs and the least brains ALWAYS gets the biggest piece of whatever is left
after the men eat !!!t ;>)
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
19. RE: New Hostess please!!!
Apr 25 2011, 6:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 25 2011, 6:16 AM EDT
I understand that Brooke is eye candy, but there is only so much you can tolerate. She has know idea how to interview the celebs or pros except to ask "how does that feel?" This show appeals more to women than men, so I really don't see them losing a lot of viewers because they got rid of her and hired a man. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)